Registering with the Police

When you arrive in the UK, you may need to register with the police. Your visa or your visa letter will say “Police registration” or “Register with police in 7 days of entry”.

Where and when to register

If you need to register with the police, you must go to do this quickly. You have a maximum of 30 days to register.

You will need to go to the Overseas Registration Office at Pudsey Police Station. The Station is a short bus ride from the city centre.

Overseas Registration Office

Pudsey Police Station
Dawsons Corner
Bradford Road
LS28 5TA

Contact No

Tel: 0113 2414917 /2414817 /2414860 /2414899

Email Address

The Overseas Registration Office is open between 9am- 1pm and 2:15pm- 4pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

When you finish your course, you will need to call or email the Overseas Registration Office with your reference number and information about when you will leave the UK.

How to get there

You can get to the Pudsey Police Station in 30 minutes from inlingua Leeds. Take the 508 bus from Kirkstall Road Yorkshire TV centre stop and get off at Bradford Road Ruskin Street.

What to take with you

You will need to take:

  • A completed police registration form
  • Your passport
  • Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)
  • 1 passport sized photograph
  • £34 in cash.
  • If you lose your certificate, you will need to pay £34 to replace it.

If your information changes, like your address, you must call or email the Overseas Registration Office to tell them or you can get a fine of £5000.